The Motability car scheme is a government backed project which assists people with a disability or the provision of a car to a family with a disability within the family. The new cars supplied are sourced from various main dealers and the cars are sold with a full service package – this means that the cars are automatically serviced at their regular service intervals. This means that the cars as they become available for sale, they are cars who have only had one owner with a full service history. We make it easy for you to buy an ex motability car in London and help save you time and money.
The cars have normally been used for local transport and as such have covered very modest mileages. The cars are completely standard with no added controls – they are supplied to our Shipley Bridge Garage in retailable condition.
HOW IT WORKS
The Garage is located in Shipley Bridge which is close to Gatwick Airport. The prospective purchaser can come to buy an ex motability car in London in our office. There you can view up to 2,000 cars by their images on our computer screen. We provide details such as mileage, model, date of first registration, location and the price. When you have found the car that you like we ask for a holding deposit – normally £500 and we then commit to buy the car from Motability. The car will arrive to us within a few days whereupon we will service the car, valet and prepare the car for collection.
There are various ways to pay for the car – we will always take a part exchange and we can arrange finance in various forms subject to status
- Straight forward finance can be arranged up to a maximum of 60 months with your present car in part exchange.
- PCP – Personal Contract Plan over a 3 year period. The finance company leave a balloon payment at the end of the plan. The balloon payment is calculated by the finance company upon information from the customer with regards to projected mileage over the 3 years. The advantage of this is that the finance payments are less because the customer is only repaying part of the loan. After 3 years there are further options pay the balloon payment (this can be refinanced), keep the car or part exchange the car and take out another PCP.
The car will be supplied with a new MOT where necessary and a 12 month RAC warranty. This RAC breakdown warranty can be extended up to 36 months cover at point of sale.
All Of The Advantages To Buy an Ex Motability Car In London
- Buying a 3 year old car with low mileage and service history at a much reduced price compared to new car prices.
- Buying a newer car with lower outgoing payments and the possibility of changing your car after 3 years and 36 month warranty means peace of mind with out any hidden motoring costs.
- All the while dealing with a garage that cares about its customers and with workshop facilities to service and maintain your vehicle at reasonable cost.